God’s plans are always good. I like to say that they are always better, yet always different than what I expected! Surely Simeon and Anna innately understood this to be the case when they held the infant King of the Universe, Jesus the Messiah, in their arms. Simeon burst into praise saying, “For my eyes have (now) seen Your salvation, which you have prepared in the presence of all peoples, a light for revelation to the Gentiles and the glory of Your people, Israel.” Even Mary and Joseph were amazed by his remarks about Jesus. Anna continued the celebrating as she praised God, giving thanks as she spoke about Jesus to all who would listen, especially those who were looking for Redemption! (Luke 2:25-38)
The eyes of their understanding opened to “see” that the Messiah was not only for Israel but He is the light of revelation and the source of redemption for all people in all places and at all times, including women!
Women in the Window International will send a team to the Middle East to lead servant leadership trainings for more than 50 women leaders from 7 nations this coming week. Will you join us in prayer that we will continue in the prophetic pattern of Simeon and Anna—announcing good news of great joy to the women who are most often oppressed, even abused, and always underserved in this region?
Here are the specific prayer requests of our team, Lara, Carolyn and Kim:
–Prayers for the team–
- That we have a generous portion of stamina and energy each day, safe travels and good health.
- That we present each servant leadership lesson clearly and in a manner that is easily comprehended and reproduced by the conference attendees among the women they serve.
- That we may be honoring to ladies attending and to one another on our WiW team.
- That we serve the WiW ministry purpose to replace poverty and injustice with dignity and purpose in Christ among women in the Arab world.
- That the Holy Spirit works through us so that God is glorified and Jesus is proclaimed.
–Prayers for the women leaders attending–
- That new MENA women leaders will be identified; existing leaders strengthened and empowered to lead leaders!
- Finally, that each woman leader we minister to will bubble over with joy like Anna, the prophetess in Luke chapter 2, as she experiences a personal encounter with the Lord.
Thank you for your prayers and support that make all of this possible.
Your because I’m His,