“Encourage the exhausted and strengthen the feeble. Say to those with anxious heart, “Take courage, fear not. Behold, your God will come with vengeance; the recompense of God will come, but He will save you.” Isaiah 35:3-4
As we turn our calendars to June, we welcome the joy of a new season. Summer will soon be here.
Are you reading this from somewhere that already feels like summer with temperatures well above 80+ degree Fahrenheit? Or are you experiencing the rainy season in Africa or Asia? Or the heat of the arid Middle East? Regardless of where we are, our hearts are all the same—we need to know the love, the courage, the hope of Christ in each season of our life. Yet, only Christ can encourage the exhausted, strengthen the feeble and say to those with anxious hearts: Do not fear! I am with you! I will save you!
Please pray with Women in the Window International as we enter this new season with hearts overflowing and hands uplifted.
North Africa team returns rejoicing—
Our Women in the Window International team returns from North Africa where they have had the joy of bringing this message of love, courage and hope to women from the Middle East and North Africa. Their training brought transformation to younger women who encountered the truth of God’s word and the reality of His unique design for women both physically and spiritually. They now feel equipped to meet felt needs of women in the Muslim context while they demonstrate the tangible love of Christ.
Women in the Window International needs your prayers to enable us to encourage the exhausted and strengthen the feeble.
Kim Travels and Trains in June —
Kim has the privilege of participating in a historic Global Women’s Consultation next week as more than sixty women leaders from fifteen nations gather to rise in the strength of our God together, serving Him, serving women of every region across the globe with a spirit of collaboration and love.
As you can see from my itinerary, I will travel for 4 full weeks in June.
Will you pray for me? Your prayers really are the fuel that enables me to fly on eagle’s wings! Here are my prayer points:
- June 1-7
- My heart will continually rejoice in the goodness of our God so that I will bring encouragement and strength in each ministry opportunity, both public and private!
- Clarity from the Lord regarding new opportunities for WiW to directly serve with other global ministries.
- June 7-11
- God to open doors with Farsi speaking women who are exiled from their homeland of Iran.
- God to be at the center of plans for future MENA (Middle East/North Africa) network conference for women.
- June 11-14
- God’s gift for a three-day renewal and writing retreat.
- June 14-28
- God’s hand in our micro-enterprise, servant leadership and conflict resolution skills training (see following details).
Team Travels and Trains in June—
In mid-June Women in the Window will send another team to western Europe to serve refugee women, youth and families. Please pray for our team departing June 13th and returning June 28th and that they encourage these groups by providing:
- Servant Leadership training to include inductive Bible study on the life and ministry of Priscilla and Aquila
- Micro-enterprise training for refugee women from Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria
- Conflict resolution training for unaccompanied minors.
- We are privileged to have two men (husbands of our team members) traveling to serve with us this Summer, leading the training for unaccompanied minor young men!
The promises of God’s Word in Isaiah 35:1-4 are especially precious to me and your prayers are too! May God refresh each of you with streams in the desert and a wilderness that literally blossoms into new life.