About 125 years ago, missionary Lilias Trotter set out for Algeria because “whenever she prayed, the words ‘North Africa’ sounded in her soul as though a voice were calling her.” She was armed with little more than a willing heart and a desire to see women come to know the one true God and Savior of all the world (John 4:42).
Today we are much more equipped with knowledge and ministry tools, but our goal remains the same. Just as the prophet Jeremiah cried out for the daughters of his people, so we cry out for the daughters of North Africa who are now living in nations that are nearly 100% Muslim.
Women in the Window International has been invited to collaborate with ministry partners in North Africa (nations withheld for security) to equip and empower women leaders to replace poverty and injustice with dignity and purpose in Christ. Our team’s objective is to effectively train these women leaders with spiritual, leadership, and health education tools that equip them to be agents of Christ’s love and power within their homes, churches, communities, and nations.
We highly value your prayer support before, during, and after our trip. We will depart mid-October and return in early November. Please pray specifically for our team to effectively train these women leaders with spiritual, leadership, and health education tools that will impact their lives, families, and nations. Women from various nations in North Africa will travel to three distinct locations; pray for traveling mercies, security, and health. Above all else, pray for God’s will to be done, His Kingdom to come, and His name to be glorified!
Thank you for partnering with us in prayer!
In Christ’s love and joy,
P.S. Please join us for our next Evening in the Courtyard this November! It is truly an evening you won’t soon forget!
October 2014 Daily Prayer Guide
The following prayer guide provides more specific requests for the entire ministry of Women in the Window International.
Mondays: Ministry Partners
- Pray for the protection, strength, and encouragement of those living in the 10/40 Window affected by civil war and unrest.
- Pray for good health and healing for ministry partners affected by illness or injury.
- Pray for peace and comfort for those who have lost family, friends, or loved ones.
- Bless Kim and Jessica as they serve the people He brings across their paths, both in this country and in the 10/40 Window (Colossians 3:23-24).
- Pray for Kim as she seeks guidance in ministry decisions (James 1:5).
Wednesdays: North Africa Trips
- Pray for safety while en route, good health, and that all luggage and training materials will arrive without delay.
- Pray that the trainings will “equip His people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up,” especially as these women serve in nearly 100% Muslim nations in North Africa (Ephesians 4:12).
- Pray that our team will impart spiritual gifts to make the women strong, that we will be mutually encouraged by each other’s face (Romans 1:11-12), and that all trainings will be reproducible and sustainable.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will impart His presence and a strong spirit of unity among our team, our ministry partners, and the North African women so that our relationships will deepen and bear fruity for eternity.
Thursdays: Volunteers and Supporters
- Praise God for new Servant Leaders and new students who are drawn to the work of Women in the Window International. Pray for more young people to be called to serve through this ministry.
- Pray for all who volunteer on our prayer team, remembering that prayer is the foundation of all we do (Colossians 4:2).
- Pray that the First Friday Prayer & Fasting gatherings will be powerful times of prayer.
- Pray that the Board will be led by the Lord in every decision (Proverbs 3:5-6).
Fridays: Events and Fundraising
- Praise God that arrangements have been made for Evening in the Courtyard: Thursday, November 13 at 5:30 p.m. at the Center for Philanthropy.
- Pray for our speakers, Edwin and Sylvia, who minister in North Africa.
- Pray for a joyful, informative evening as many receive a clear and compelling picture of how women in the 10/40 Window are being trained and encouraged.
- Pray for interest and enthusiasm to spread to new people in our community and beyond.
- Pray for favor, wisdom, and opportunities for Kim as she continues to meet people who share a concern for women around the world and have a desire to give of themselves and their resources.