When the Jewish people experienced intense outward opposition and internal discouragement while rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem, Nehemiah commanded them not to fear, but to remember the greatness and awesomeness of God, and to fight for their families and homes. When the workers resumed rebuilding, “those who carried materials did their work with one hand and held a weapon in the other” (Nehemiah 4:17).
Women in the Window is also rebuilding “walls,” but in our case, that means building up the dignity, purpose, and beauty of women in the 10/40 Window who are too often overlooked, despised, and crushed simply because they are women. As we travel throughout the 10/40 Window to train these strong and courageous women leaders, we, and they, work with one hand and hold weapons of righteousness – prayer and the Word of God – in the other!
Thank you for fighting for our ministry and the women we serve through the powerful act of prayer! Your prayers help us rise above every possible source of opposition so that we can continue to fulfill our mission to women in the 10/40 Window.
Fighting with you in prayer,
September/October Prayer Guide
Mondays: Ministry Partners
- In Africa: Pray that all of our partners’ conferences and trainings will be fruitful and reproducible. Pray for God’s protection and a crumbling of false belief systems. Pray for further economic development of women. Pray for a mighty revival as God reveals His truth, love, and saving power through the Gospel. “Hear my cry, O God; attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to you, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been a shelter for me, a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of your wings.” Psalm 61:1-4
- In the Middle East: Pray that God will supply all the needed material resources, financial aid, transportation, encouragement and strength that each partner needs to continue the work He has called them to do. “And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
- In South Asia: Pray that God will heal the sick, and that all obstacles hindering the progress of their ministries will be removed. Pray that God will meet all financial and other physical needs, provide a way of escape for the bound and oppressed, and that His wisdom and protection will abound. “Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22-23
Tuesdays: Staff and Board of Directors
- Pray that God will continue to guide every aspect of this ministry as Kim, Jessica, and Diane seek His face and work to accomplish His purposes for the women in the 10/40 Window. “Show me your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; on you I wait all the day.” Psalm 25:5
- Pray that our Board of Directors will have holy wisdom from the Lord to make the best decisions for Women in the Window so that the ministry can fulfill its vision and mission. “But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.” James 3:17
Wednesdays: Trips and Trainings
- We rejoice and praise God along with our partners for the successful training of 28 women in Egypt this month! “Praise Him for His mighty acts; praise Him according to His excellent greatness!” Psalm 150:2
- Please continue to pray for the upcoming trainings and conferences in India, Nepal, Spain, Malta, and South Sudan. Pray for hope and healing for the women who will attend these meetings. Pray for visas and safe travel for the women who will be attending. Pray that the Spirit of the Sovereign God will take full control of every aspect of each gathering so that the Father and the Son may be glorified. “Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, the power and the glory, the victory and the majesty; for all that is in heaven and in earth is yours; yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head over all.” 1 Chronicles 29:11
Thursdays: Volunteers and Supporters
- Pray for a fresh outpouring of God’s abundant love, mercy, and grace upon our Servant Leaders. Pray that God will send the right co-leaders to assist Jackie, Cheryl, and Sherri in their Hands, Head, and Heart capacities. “Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for me?” Jeremiah 32:27
- Pray that those who generously give of their treasures to support Women in the Window will receive an excess of blessings from the Father. Pray that others will be discerning and obedient to the Lord as He moves them to partner with the ministry on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. “And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.” 2 Corinthians 9:8
Fridays: Events and Fundraising
- Pray for God’s anointing upon Jerry Wiles and Kim Kerr as they lead the “No Greater Joy” orality training on Saturday, September 26th at First Presbyterian Church, North Palm Beach. If you live locally, please join us! Online registration is open. “(God) has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.” 2 Timothy 1:9
- Pray that our event teams for Evening in the Courtyard and the Spring Luncheon will have an abundance of guidance and wisdom as they start to meet this month to make decisions and begin preparing for both events. “For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding.” Proverbs 2:6
- Pray that humility, love, and unity will flourish every time the event teams meet. “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!” Psalms 133:1
- Pray also for an overflow of willing, able, and faithful volunteers to assist with both events. “Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.” Philippians 2:4