What a joy it has been to be here with women leaders from North Africa and the Middle East! These women live with daily hardships, unceasing political conflict, and quite often persecution too. In spite of this, they lead resilient lives that display both beauty and strength. Our training topics included a focus on leadership development and tools in trauma counseling. With many refugees streaming into the region from Iraq and Syria, the women have multiple opportunities to serve severely traumatized people and display the Gospel with actions and words of love.
Each woman leader present expressed her deep gratitude for the WiW servant team that joined together from the USA and UK to serve them on multiple levels. One woman said, “I will remember how God is good. I heard a lot of stories of women from other nations. Each one of us has her own story of pain, and God dealt with us all in His mercy and love.” We took our pains to the Cross and allowed Him to transform us,from ashes to beauty! Pray that we will each apply what we’ve learned to our own lives and pass on the transferrable trainings to many others.
The following prayer points focus on the inner workings of WiW:
November / December Prayer Guide
Mondays – Ministry Partners
Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. Phil. 2:3-4
- Our partners in North Africa request prayer for safety during travel; God’s wisdom, direction and anointing as they begin several discipleship programs; good health and protection for themselves and family members; God to be glorified in every aspect of ministry.
- Our partners in the Middle East request prayer for healing for the sick; patience and wisdom as they share the Gospel; salvation for unbelievers; more doctors to work in the field, especially in the refugee camps!
- Our partners in South Asia request prayer for good health and safety, their family members and the women they serve; deliverance for women who have been involved in the red-light district; jobs for the women in the rehab home; wisdom and God’s favor; protection from abuse for the children living in the red-light district; open doors and greater impact for the ministers; strong community relationships; formation of community vigilance groups; new avenues for ministry expansion; God-led recruitment of new staff members.
Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:58
- Pray for Kim that God will lead her in her role as Executive Director, granting her wisdom and peace as she seeks to do His will.
- Pray that God will give Diane encouragement, strength and wisdom in the roles of Bookkeeper and interim Executive Assistant. Pray also that she experience much joy as she labors for the ministry during Jessica’s maternity leave.
May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us – yes, establish the work of our hands. Ps. 90:17
- Praise God for our WiW MENA conference with nearly 40 participants. Pray that God’s healing and transforming power will continue to work in the lives of the women who attended the trauma counseling workshops and that they will take what they learned and help the women in their respective nations.
- November 25 – December 3 | Pray that God will help Dr. Cheryl Parker, Larry Parker, Beatrice Gachube, and the rest of the team prepare for the upcoming WiW leadership and economic empowerment conference in South Sudan. Pray that all the details of the trip will be well prepared and for God to richly supply for every need.
- Please pray for God’s abundant financial provision for WiW leadership and trainings.
Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. Gal. 6:2
- Thank God for our Board of Directors, Servant Leaders, Volunteers, and Supporters. Please pray that God will give to them blessings, favor, and wisdom in every area of their lives.
- Please continue to pray that God will send the right co-leaders for our training capacities with only one leader.
For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly. Ps. 84:11
- Praise God for our event team who have been planning for the Evening in the Courtyard event that is scheduled for Thursday, November 19. 2015. Pray that we will get more volunteers to assist that evening. Pray that there will be great interest generated through the various media outlets. Pray that this will be our largest friend-raiser ever.
- Please pray that more sponsors will be raised up to underwrite the Spring Luncheon so that 100% of the proceeds will go directly to the ministry.
Thank you for your love & prayers! Please let us know how we can pray for you, too!
In Christ’s love and joy,