As 2015 draws to a close, it seems a perfect opportunity to communicate our deepest appreciation for your prayers all year through! We have seen God in our midst and experienced amazing answers to your prayers. Our prayer for you is that God richly blesses you and those you love. May you experience the wonders of His love, and share it too, as He “shines on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death to guide our feet into the path of peace.” Luke 1:79
Our final training for Women in the Window took place in Sudan, and our WiW team recently returned with a glowing report of answered prayers! We thank you for your faithful prayers and support while they were on the field. Here is an update of their trip from our WiW Servant Leader, Cheryl Parker and her co-leader, Beatrice Gachube of Kenya:
We are home and rejoicing in a wonderful trip, as we felt the presence of the Lord in our midst. I had the privilege of teaching biblical principles of leadership for women and “Women in the Window” Inductive Bible Study, through the story of David and Abigail. At the conclusion, one lady stated, “I never knew before that a woman could teach the Bible to another woman. Now, I know I can do this and I am passionate about going back to my village to teach the women there.” 2 Timothy 2:2 in action!
Beatrice, my co-leader taught basic principles of micro-enterprise to the women – many of them widows because of the war. They were greatly encouraged to learn ways to help support themselves by making a small business of raising crops. One group would like to learn how to do tailoring, and there was great interest in learning how to produce and sell soap. Beatrice also mentioned the presence of the Lord . . . “Our training went on very well, I felt the presence of our Lord Jesus in our midst, He truly used us as His tools of communication and the teachings were well received because the Holy Spirit was already in control, not even the threat of war could disrupt the women who were very keen to learn. May the Lord continue to provide the necessary resources to Women In the Window International so that the women ministry will continue to bless and reach out to the women who are hurting due to both man- made and natural disasters, in S. Sudan as well as other difficult places in the World. I believe WIW has what it takes to ignite, inspire, and induce a creative revolution, in the hearts and minds of women leaders of the Good News South Sudan, that will see the communities embrace a new wave of creativity to transform their spiritual lives and businesses.”
Larry, Cheryl’s husband and a computer expert, taught computer basics to pastors at a nearby location. They were thrilled to learn how to write letters, use a spreadsheet and put together a PowerPoint in just a matter of days and are excited at the possibility of using technology in their ministries.
As we were leaving, one lady told us that even before we arrived or we “even opened our mouths,” it was a tremendous encouragement to all the women ministry leaders and pastors to know that we were coming. They were reminded that they are not forgotten by people outside of South Sudan. Please continue to pray for them and for the needs of Women in the Window and our ongoing partnership with women leaders in Sudan and many other nations, too!
DECEMBER/JANUARY PRAYER GUIDE
Mondays: Ministry Partners
- Please pray for our ministry partners in India who have been affected by the worst flood in the 100 years. Pray also for the people of Paris who are still shaken from recent terrorist attacks and need a sense of peace restored in their hearts.Pray also for the people of Paris who are still shaken from recent terrorist attacks and need a sense of peace restored in their hearts. May the Lord be their refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Pray that they will not fear, though the earth should change, and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea. (Psalm 46:1-2)
- Pray for the protection of our ministry partners and their families and that they would be filled with love, joy and encouragement for one another. May the God of hope fill them with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit they may abound in hope. (Romans 15:13)
- Please pray for the political turmoil taking place in many regions around the world. May God give strength to them and bless them with peace. (Psalm 29:11)
- Pray that God will give Kim, Diane, and Jessica great rest to draw near to Him during this Christmas season and replenish their strength to effectively plan for the New Year. (3 John 1:2)
- Praise God for a wonderful year of new life and smooth transitions. May peace be found within their walls and prosperity within their palaces. (Psalm 122:7)
Wednesday: Trips and Trainings
- Please pray for God’s guidance, in our planning and preparation for the BlueMed Conference in January. Pray that we will not lean on our own understanding, but we will trust the Lord with all our might and that He will direct our paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6).
- Please pray for resources to be in abundance to fulfill all training requests. May the Lord fulfill his purposes for us. (Psalm 138:8)
Thursdays: Volunteers and Supporters
- Please continue to pray for co-leaders to join our Head, Heart, and Hands capacities.
- Pray that our Board and Servant Leaders would diligently pray, meditate, and worship our Lord in anticipation of His wisdom and guidance. May we keep our ways pure by keeping them according to His Word. (Psalm 119:9)
Fridays: Events and Fundraising
- Our Annual Spring Luncheon, “Called to Courage” March 16, 2015, 7:00 pm – We hope that you can join us for this very special event for those who faithfully support our ministry to women in the 10/40 Window. Pray that the Lord would bless us and enlarge our border, and that His hand might be with us and keep us from harm. (1 Chronicles 4:10)