Nepal—a nation of beauty and devotion, landlocked between India and China, and inhabited by a diverse linguistic, ethnic, and religious people. Hinduism is the primary religion of Nepal and only 1% of the population are professing Christians. A majority live below the poverty line of $1.90 per day. In certain districts the literacy rate is only 17% and women’s status is quite low. Human trafficking is rampant as many are stateless people without a specific ethnic identity or passports due to migration and poverty. Many women, due to the caste system of Hinduism, live with pain, agony, misconduct and oppression. The earthquakes of 2015 left many people, families and communities, devastated, homeless and almost hopeless. And yet the LORD our God is mightily at work.
We are so grateful to the Lord for opening another opportunity to serve and get to know our WIW ministry partner in Nepal better, and to serve some of their outstanding women leaders. The church is experiencing tremendous growth in this part of the world in the midst of intense persecution. It is an honor to work with a ministry that is dedicated to equipping and encouraging women in leadership so that they can serve and lead others in this growing church. We will examine biblical leadership models of women who have served as leaders of nations, prophetesses, worship leaders, disciples, servant leaders, teachers, and more, with an understanding that women have always been in significant Godly leadership roles (not just in recent times). Above all, we pray that God would be glorified in this training and that He would transform the women into the leaders He is calling them to be, and that they would see the ways that He has been equipping them throughout their lives.
With a focus on personal spiritual development and understanding who we are in Christ, coupled with a focus on organizational development to better understand how God wants us to work together as a ministry team, at the “end of the day” and the end of our training, our prayer is that all of us will be far better equipped and spiritually empowered to do the work of the ministry entrusted to us with joy and excellence!
Please pray with us and for us. . .
- For the Nepalese women leaders to be encouraged and equipped as they grow in their leadership roles in an environment that is often opposed to women in leadership.
- Travel safety for the women, some of whom are traveling over 5 hours to attend.
- Preparation, health and anointing for our team (Jackie and Kim) 30 hours of international travel— from October 27 to November 7, and God’s abundant provision and protection for our families while we are away.
- God’s direction for WIW’s growing partnership with our ministry partner in this region.
- Pray Ephesians 4:1-16 for the women and the growing church in this region, that they would continue to grow in unity and maturity in Christ.
- Personal prayer point for our team—juggling responsibilities at work and home before leaving, and fully relying on the Lord for His abundant provision for all the needs of Women in the Window International.
Together with our sisters and brothers in Nepal, we will hear and heed the voice of our God to…
“Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them, for the LORD your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
Thank you for your prayers!
Yours because we’re His,
Kim and Jackie