Last spring, a team from Women in the Window had the privilege of traveling to West Africa to equip more than 70 women leaders through micro-enterprise, health, and biblical training. These trainings brought added value to the ministries of these excellent women leaders. One attendee said, “Women in the Window helps us to interact and learn from each other as women, and it will help me bring God’s message of salvation to my village, my church, and even the members of my family.”
We are thrilled that Amevivina Care, one of our ministry partners in West Africa, invited us to return to Ghana in May to lead a follow-up training in biblical and micro-enterprise skills! Elizabeth Adjiwu is the Founding Director of Amevivina Care, and she started this ministry because her life was profoundly influenced by the training she personally received from our Women in the Window team. Amevivina Care seeks to improve the livelihood of less privileged women in Ghana, Togo, and Benin through vocational and biblical life skills training.
Our follow-up training will provide approximately 30 women leaders from Ghana, Togo, and Benin the vital next step training they have requested. Our goal is that by the last day, these women will not only be equipped to sustain their families but also be fully prepared to lead trainings in their own communities – and even other African nations as the Lord leads!
From Ghana, Kim and Jackie will travel to Barcelona, Spain to participate in the Vision Synergy Summit. They will join with other mission leaders from around the world to engage in hands on training as well as discussions to provide greater connections within this outstanding global mission network. Topics of discussion at the Summit will include how to unleash cohesion through community; connectivity through communication; capacity through champions; and creativity through clarity.
Please pray that our West Africa team will teach and demonstrate principles of women who build their lives on the principles of God’s Word so that they can withstand any challenge! Their itinerary and specific requests are below.
Kim Kerr, Executive Director; Jackie Hilliard, Micro-enterprise Servant Leader; and Genevieve Caron, international business major at PBA
Travel and Training Itinerary
May 3 Team members depart US
May 4 Arrive in Accra, Ghana
May 5 Travel from Accra to Ho, Ghana
May 6-9 Training in Ho
May 10 Kim and Jackie depart Accra for Barcelona; Genevieve departs for US
May 11 Arrive in Spain and US, respectively
May 12-15 Vision Synergy Summit
May 16 Kim and Jackie depart for US and arrive same day
Please pray for the following requests, and pray the words of Isaiah 41:17-18 as we seek to bring the blessing and honor of the Lord to the women we serve: “The poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue fails for thirst, but I the Lord will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them. I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.”
- All final preparations for the conference, training, and travel will come together.
- Safe travels for our team and the women who will be traveling long distances to attend.
- Provision and protection for our team and the women leaders as they attend the training and for their homes, families, and loved ones while they are away.
- God’s Word will be proclaimed throughout the training – equipping the women and drawing all of us nearer to Him, and providing the Living Water of His Word to turn our poverty and shame into flowing rivers and life-giving oases.
- Our relationship with Amevivina Care will continue to grow so that we achieve far more together in West Africa than we ever could alone!
- Wisdom and connection through Vision Synergy Summit that will enable Women in the Window to fulfill its mission with greater effectiveness and connectivity.
Thank you so much for your vital role as a prayer partner of this team. Stay tuned for updates from the field!
With love and joy,
Kim, Jackie, and Genevieve