This afternoon, Dr. Cheryl Parker, our Servant Leader who helps coordinate our leadership training strategy, will depart for Europe. Women in the Window International partners with a women’s ministry staffed by Arab women living and serving Christ in Europe. Our goal in partnership is to help women fully appropriate their identity in Christ. Cheryl will provide leadership development training for these women leaders who are dedicated to helping other women become multiplying disciples. Together, they will study the model of authentic servant leadership found in the life and ministry of Jesus Christ.
In the past, we may not have considered Europe a critical part of the mission field, but the current reality is vastly different. Islam is rapidly growing while many Christian churches are growing cold. The Arab women who will attend this training have great influence among this growing population. Plus, many of them have the ability to travel to other European nations to work directly with women from both North Africa and the Middle East. Refugees from Iraq, Syria, and other war-torn nations are pouring into Europe looking for solace, shelter, and hope! These women leaders can bring all of the above to them, but need proper training to complete their ministry well.
Jeremiah 31:3 is the theme verse for Women in the Window International in 2015: “I have loved you with an everlasting love.” It is a privilege to be invited to show Christ’s love to women in the 10/40 Window – including the “window” of Europe – by demonstrating His love through this time of teaching, training, worship, and fellowship.
Travel & Training Itinerary
- February 18 Cheryl departs the US for Europe
- February 19 Arrival in Europe
- February 20-22 Leadership development training
- February 23 Depart Europe and arrive in the US
- Pray for safety in travel and renewed strength for Cheryl and all of the women attending and facilitating the training.
- Pray for God’s leading in all of the sessions together, for clear teaching, and for an increased understanding of God’s view of leadership.
- Pray that the training will be in line with 2 Timothy 2:2, so that the women will be equipped to teach others what they have learned. Pray that the women will have strategic opportunities to multiply this training throughout Europe.
Thank you for your wonderful and fervent prayer support for Cheryl, this WiW leadership development training, and our outstanding ministry partner as together we replace poverty and injustice with dignity and purpose in Christ!
In Christ’s service,