The word “renown” is not commonly used, but it has a rich and appropriate meaning when used to describe our desire to exalt our God. You see, what we desire most of all is that through the ministry of Women in the Window International, our God will be lifted high and will draw women to Himself from all nations, tongues, tribes, and people groups. Synonyms for the word “renown” include celebrity, glory, distinction, note, and eminence. God is the only “celebrity” in our midst, and our greatest aim and purpose is to bring Him glory, distinction, and eminence!
How do we do this? We are convinced that as we fulfill our mission of equipping and empowering women leaders in the “hard places” of our world today, God Himself will replace their poverty with His riches and their injustice with His dignity and purpose in Christ!
Over the next 3 months, Women in the Window will provide 7 trainings for more than 200 women leaders in the 10/40 Window. These women are dedicated to serving Christ among their own people groups and will multiply the trainings to hundreds and potentially thousands more women as together they spread the glory and renown of our Savior, Jesus Christ, throughout the nations! As we walk, as we wait, and as we share His renown, we treasure your prayers on our behalf:
• Continued follow up is taking place in Sub-Saharan Africa with micro-enterprise community development among women living in deep poverty, both physically and spiritually.
• Leadership development among North African women leaders living and serving Christ in Europe continues to bear much fruit as they apply leadership skills to their own ministries.
• Human trafficking ministry workers continue to find creative ways to push back the darkness through advocacy tools, resulting in deliverance and progress among women and children!
• Many logistics are still coming together for the trainings in North Africa and the Middle East. Pray for security among the women leaders traveling to safer locations to participate, and specifically pray that their travel visas will be granted well in advance.
• Our African sisters are taking their micro-enterprise community development training to neighboring nations with the potential to impact many, many impoverished women and children. Pray for their planning process to be smooth, their team to be unified, and their results to be beyond what even these visionary women could think or imagine (Ephesians 3:20-21)!
• Asian women leaders face much opposition from governments and continued oppression rooted in social norms against women. Pray that in spite of these things, our work among them will result in fruit that remains for eternity, and that they will know their beauty and value in Christ!
Thank you for standing with us in prayer! As always, we desire to be faithful to Him, and make His renown great among all nations and peoples and families, too. Please let us know of any specific ways that we can pray for you!