What does it really mean to know the LORD? Here’s what the weeping prophet, Jeremiah, has to say, “He pled the cause of the afflicted and needy; then it was well. Is not that what it means to know me?” Jeremiah 22:16.
Jeremiah was not afraid to speak the Truth and Truth was sorely needed. The people of God, especially the leaders, had strayed far from the Truth and from God Himself. God sent this young man and poured courage into his soul, so that he could stand and deliver—deliver the Truth. And just what was that Truth? It was a message of hope; hope entwined with courage, “plead the cause of the afflicted and needy”; then, it was well! We are to speak and live the message of the Gospel with words and actions.
Women in the Window International is doing just that. This very day our WiW team is departing for South Dakota where we will once again serve the Lakota Sioux Native American women, equipping and empowering them to set the captives free within their own tribe and people group and on their own reservation. Please pray for our team (Katheryn, Sherry, Jenny, and Kim) and the Lakota Sioux women.
Please pray with us for the following requests:
- Effective, gracious and enthusiastic communication that honors Christ and one another.
- Deep sense of unity and camaraderie with our WiW team and the Lakota Sioux women.
- Leadership to emerge from among the Lakota Sioux women during this trip and training so that they establish their own women’s ministry on the Cheyenne River Reservation.
- Visit to Pine Ridge Reservation will yield potential ministry opportunities for the future.
- Safety as we travel to and from the reservation (August 1st through August 8th)— this trip requires several flights and many miles in a vehicle to both reservations.
- God’s protection from spiritual warfare for trainers, participants and our families.
- That all participants will find courage, hope, and for some, new Life in Christ!
We also need your prayers, as we prepare for fall trainings in the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia where we will train women in health, leadership, and advocacy in some of the most dire circumstances across the globe. Later this year, we will host a training conference for key women leaders from the Middle East and North Africa all together in one neutral and secure location, so that they can determine next steps of ministry outreach in the Arab world. And if that isn’t exciting enough, a group of men will gather together with us to determine how the role of Christian Arab men leaders can help the women and girls of this region, just like Jesus did, with truth and love, in words and actions.
Yes, this is what it means to know Him, to both serve Him and love others in Truth. We at Women in the Window earnestly desire to do that with all that we have and all that we are! How about you?