How sad it would be to realize that although you’ve gathered your equipment, supplies, and laborers, you are working in vain! And this is exactly what this familiar and often favorite Bible passage teaches us. It is vain, useless, and foolish to set out on our building projects alone, without even considering the Lord or seeking His heart for His objectives, His purposes, and His timing.
This mid-month prayer guide is designed to help us do just that – to seek the LORD so that He is building this ministry and He is guiding and ordering our lives as His ministers. With each daily topic we’ve included a Scripture passage to pray in addition to our specific requests for His clear direction and loving favor.
I hope you’ll take just a few minutes to pray these Scriptures on behalf of this ministry, and that the Lord will richly bless you and reward you as you do. And here is our Scripture passage just for you, our prayer warriors and dear friends:
“May the LORD answer you when you are in distress…may he give you the desires of your heart and make all your plans succeed. We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the LORD grant all your requests.” – Psalm 20:1, 4-5
His servant and yours,
April & May 2015 Prayer Guide
Mondays: Ministry Partners
“I love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my Rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my Rock, in whom I take refuge; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies.” Psalm 18:1-3
- Please pray for special protection for all of our ministry partners, especially those living in Muslim countries under Islamic rule.
- Our ministry partners in West Africa have requested prayer for clarity when teaching Scripture; healing for family members; courage to present the Word of God without compromise; and duplication of micro-enterprise training.
- Our ministry partners in North Africa have requested prayer for wisdom and anointing to do God’s will; encouragement and strength in the midst of spiritual warfare; and employment and income for all in need.
- Our ministry partners in the Middle East have requested prayer that the women’s devotional booklet they are distributing will touch and change the lives of the women who read it.
- Our ministry partners in South Asia have requested prayer for relief and strength during high-stress situations; wisdom to handle health issues; rescue and rehab of trafficking victims; prayer against high levels of corruption making work of the ministry difficult; a physical building; good harvest among the people groups; workers with ministry commitment; wisdom, knowledge, protection, and good health; good registration and attendance of upcoming trainings; employment and income for all in need; and protection.
“We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Thessalonians 1:3
- Praise God for the faithful dedication of Kim, Jessica, and Ariana to serve the women in the 10/40 Window!
- Pray that God will guide the Women in the Window staff in every decision that needs to be made so that the ministry will continue to grow and thrive.
Wednesdays: Trips and Trainings
“I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; from where shall my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth…The Lord will protect you from all evil; he will keep your soul. The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forever.” Psalm 121:1-2, 7-8
- Pray for our West Africa trip and training May 3-16. Please pray for the team, the final preparations, safe travel for the women, provision for the women, God’s blessing on the micro-enterprise and WiW Bible study training, and continued growth in our relationships with ministry partners in West Africa.
- Pray that the Lord will guide us as we finalize the details of the upcoming MENA (Middle East and North Africa) women’s conference this November, as well as several more trainings for this year to be held in Spain, Egypt, India, Nepal, and Sudan. In addition, pray for our ministry partners’ follow up with ongoing trainings. We are grateful for the support of our donors that makes these trips and trainings possible!
Thursdays: Volunteers and Supporters
“And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.” 2 Corinthians 9:8
- Pray for good health and restoration of health for our volunteers, specifically Dennis McCarty whose ankle was recently injured and has severe pain.
- Pray for our Servant Leader team and that each capacity will have two women in co-leadership roles.
- Pray that our Board of Directors will follow the leading of the Holy Spirit as they provide the appropriate oversight to the vision and mission of this ministry.
Fridays: Events and Fundraising
“The generous man will be prosperous, and he who waters will himself be watered.” Proverbs 11:25
- Praise God for His faithfulness in providing much needed funds for the ministry through one-time gifts, monthly and regular support, as well as our annual fundraiser, the Spring Luncheon!
- Pray that pledges and monthly support will continue to come in, that the Lord will multiply every dollar to meet all of the needs, and that He will richly bless those who give generously to Women in the Window International.
- Pray for our Mother’s Day offering to richly provide the needs of our ministry partners serving women and their children in the Holy Land.