“Panic and pitfall have befallen us, devastation and destruction; my eyes run down with streams of water because of the destruction of the daughter of my people. My eyes pour down unceasingly, without stopping, until the LORD looks down and sees from heaven.”
Lamentations 3:47-50 (NASB)
Women in the 10/40 Window face devastating circumstances that can lead to despair, and the pressure against them can be overwhelming. Women in the Window International exists to help them overcome this external pressure with His eternal power. Our mission is to equip and empower women in the 10/40 Window to replace poverty and injustice with dignity and purpose in Christ. We are committed to helping them recognize their beauty, value, and rightful place in God’s Kingdom service.
In order to accomplish this, we need your fervent prayers. God’s Word promises that He hears and answers! “This is what the LORD says, He who made the earth, the LORD who formed it and established it — the LORD is His name: ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’”
Jeremiah 33:2-3 (NIV)
As we gather on the first Friday of each month to pray for women in the 10/40 Window, we seek to be in tune with the LORD and to help these women overcome pressure with His power. My dear friend and sister in Christ, Evelyn Christenson, who is now in the presence of Jesus Himself, once gave me keen insight on this “prayer promise” found in Jeremiah 33. I can still hear her joyfully saying, “Kim, this passage contains a double blessing and twofold answer to prayer: Call to Him and He will answer you — and He will tell you great and unsearchable things that you do not know. He will actually reveal His secrets to you so that you can know Him better and serve Him ever more faithfully!”
Wow! Just to know that God answers our prayers is amazing enough, but to actually hear Him whisper great and unsearchable things into my heart and soul — now that is joy inexpressible! Yet that is precisely what is promised to us here. So I invite you to pray fervently and with the confidence that God hears, answers, and reveals Himself to you intimately, on behalf of the following requests. And May God richly bless you as you do!
In Christ’s love and service,
- Praise the LORD for His extravagant love for women and children evidenced throughout Scripture, especially in the life of Jesus Christ.
- Praise God that all throughout Ramadan, the Muslim holy month of prayer, we have been praying specifically for women in Muslim nations, and God promises to answer!
- Praise God for several churches that have partnered with us to spread the Good News of Christ’s love and awesome power to deliver women from oppression.
- Pray for the 5 upcoming trainings in North Africa. Pray that all of the details will come together well, the women will have the freedom to travel, and they will grasp how these trainings will benefit them and those they serve!
- Pray that the West African women recently trained in micro-enterprise, health, and biblical skills will implement what they learned.
- Pray for protection as women face cruel treatment, especially in Islamic nations.
- Pray that God will abundantly provide the time, talent, and treasure our ministry needs.