Women in the Window International (WiW) has been invited to partner with the Evangelical Church of the Gambia (ECG) and the Watchman Gospel Ministry in empowering and equipping women leaders in West Africa to become life-changing and transformational agents of Christ’s love and power within their homes, churches, communities, nations, and beyond. The women will be trained in Women in the Window, an inductive, narrative Bible study method; Women’s Cycle of Life healthcare; and micro-enterprise.
This training will equip at least 70 women leaders from various ministries and churches throughout the Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo. Our desire is to provide a unique opportunity for these women leaders to be further equipped with more tools for their ministries and the women they impact. We are honored to partner with the ECG in this event!
Kim Kerr, Executive Director of Women in the Window International, and Sherri Johnston will be conducting the Women in the Window Bible study method. Jackie Hilliard will be co-facilitating the micro-enterprise training with trainers Dayo (Ghana), Helen (the Gambia), and Doug (USA) using curriculum provided by Community Health Evangelism (CHE).
At the conclusion of the training in the Gambia, our team will travel to Ghana where we will meet with women who have received micro-enterprise training and as a result are successfully running their own small businesses. One of these young women leaders is establishing her own NGO to train 10 additional women each year with professional skills and tools for knowing and applying the Bible!
From there we will travel on to the nation of Togo with leaders from Ghana to lead another micro-enterprise and Women in the Window Bible training for women leaders from both Togo and Benin. These same ministry leaders have invited us several times over the past 4 or 5 years, and finally God has provided an opportunity for us to go! Our goal is to develop stronger relationships with the women ministry leaders of Togo, Benin, and Ghana and to establish ongoing partnerships with them to help them achieve their outstanding ministry goals.
Thank you for your prayer support as we embark in just a few days! Our full itinerary is below.
In Christ’s service,
Jackie, Kim & Sherri
I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow. — Jeremiah 31:13b
- Health and safety of our team and family members at home.
- Opportunities to work with and learn from new partners.
- Effective team collaboration along with physical, spiritual, and emotional s servants with humility and love.
- Strong unity and a renewed vision to strengthen families and produce positive influence in their communities.
Travel & Training Itinerary
- April 23 | Team meets in Atlanta; departs from US
- April 24 | Arrival in Accra, Ghana; visit with ministry partner and businesses established by women who have received prior micro-enterprise training
- April 25 | Travel to Banjul, Gambia
- 27 | Visit and worship with ministry partners in the Gambia; prepare for WiW training
- April 28-May 2 | Biblical, health, and micro-enterprise training
- May 2 | Meet with West African women leaders to assess their ministry needs and pray
- May 3 | Travel to Accra, Ghana; prepare for Togo training
- May 4 | Worship; travel to Togo
- May 5-8 | Biblical and micro-enterprise training
- May 8 | Team briefing; return to US