Here at Women in the Window International, we are quite fond of studying the lives of women in the Bible. We find their lives both inspiring and challenging. Sometimes the challenge is to avoid the sins that they fell into, which we are all prone to follow, and sometimes the challenge is to simply sit in their shadow and reflect on the amazing way they served God and others.
Such is the case with Anna, the only named prophetess in the New Testament. She lived many years as a widow, and was known primarily for her prayer life; a life given to God through prayer and fasting. She was joyfully delighted when God rewarded her by allowing her to be one of the very first to see and even touch our Savior on His very first visit to the temple (Luke 2:36-38)! She couldn’t stop talking about Him and told everyone who would listen that God had indeed, and finally, heard and answered their prayers!
We want you to know that your prayers are just as powerful as Anna’s and that women all around the world, and in some of the most difficult places of the world, are receiving answered prayers, renewed hope, and transformed lives because of you! Please follow along with the prayer guide below, lovingly written by our Women in the Window Prayer Coordinators, Jacquie Anderson and Carolyn Weda. They have put together an orderly way to pray for all aspects of this ministry, and all of us who serve!
Together with our Board, Servant Leaders, volunteers, and staff, I join them in saying that we are…
Forever grateful for your prayers,
February & March 2015 Prayer Guide
Mondays: Ministry Partners
- Please pray that our ministry partners, their families, and those they minister to will truly experience the never ending, everlasting love of Christ. (Jeremiah 31:3)
- Pray that God will open more opportunities for our ministry partners to effectively train women with reproducible and sustainable skills in their regions, countries, towns, and villages. (Colossians 4:3-5)
- Our partner “N” in the Middle East has requested that we pray for strength and encouragement for imprisoned believers, and that they will remain faithful to the Lord even in the face of death sentences and executions. (Revelation 2:10)
- Praise the Lord for all that He is already done, what He is doing now, and what He is going to do through the ministries of our partners! (Psalm 68:4)
- Pray that Kim, Jessica, and Ariana will continue to work heartily for the Lord knowing that they have the reward of the inheritance awaiting them. (Colossians 3:23-24)
- Pray that these ladies, their families, and loved ones, will bask in the loving kindness and righteousness of the Lord as they continue to follow and obey Him. (Psalm 103:17-18)
- Pray that the Lord will lead each staff member: Kim, Jessica, and Ariana (our very part-time accounting assistant) as they prioritize their daily decisions and fulfill their respective roles with wisdom, excellence, and love. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
Wednesdays: Trips and Trainings
- Praise God for Kim’s fruitful, encouraging trip to Malta and more than two dozen women leaders from the Middle East and North Africa who received training and mentoring as a result. Pray for wisdom and direction with these growing relationships. (Isaiah 30:21)
- Praise God for the trainings that were completed in India in recent weeks. Praise God that women involved in human trafficking are being reached with God’s love and power. Praise God for opportunities for meaningful employment in place of trafficking. Praise God for His redeeming grace, mercy and transforming power that is impacting the lives of the women working in the red light district! (Psalm 150:2)
- Pray for Servant Leader Dr. Cheryl Parker who is in Europe training our ministry partners in leadership development, February 20-22. Pray that God will guard and protect Cheryl and all the women during their travel. (Psalm 121:8) Pray also that the Lord’s plan will be established in the lives of these Arab women. (Jeremiah 29:11-13)
- Pray for trip preparations, health and safety, along with travel logistics for all involved. Pray that all will be done in accordance with the Lord’s will, who is blameless, perfect, and a shield to all who take refuge in Him. (Psalm 18:30)
- Pray for wisdom, guidance and provision for upcoming trainings later this year: West Africa and Spain this Spring, multiple trainings for women in the Middle East and North Africa, South Asia, and South Sudan. (Proverbs 2:6-9)
Thursdays: Board of Directors, Volunteers, and Supporters
- Pray that our volunteers, faithful supporters, prayer partners, and their family members will experience God’s presence and power within and in all of life’s circumstances. As they are blessing the Lord and WiW with their time, talents, and treasures, pray that He will extend His benefits to them and heal them. (Psalm 103:1-3)
- Pray that the Lord will give our Servant Leadership team and our Board of Directors keen insight as they develop strategies for their teams and the overall ministry of Women in the Window for the next year. (Job 12:13)
Fridays: Spring Luncheon, Wednesday, March 11th, Beach Club, Palm Beach
- Praise God for His guidance in each area of planning for the Spring Luncheon and for the sweet spirit among the committee members!
- Praise God that an interview with Kim will air on Moody Radio 89.3 FM on Monday, February 23rd at 7:45 am (EST).
- Pray that God will provide volunteers to work the day of the luncheon.
- Pray that all 25 tables will be filled with people who are eager to support Women in the Window’s ministry.
- Pray that the Lord will provide more generous supporters, volunteers and prayer partners as many respond to the message of the Luncheon.
- Pray that people will donate attractive silent auction items.
- Pray for all technical details to be worked out and for all equipment to work properly.
- Pray that all speakers and presenters will share a unified and anointed message that inspires and transforms us.
- Pray for good media coverage and interest from churches both before and after March 11th!