We thank God for the opportunity to serve with Women in the Window International and to be part of God’s work in the least reached and underserved parts of our world, through WiW. In a few short weeks, our team, which consists of Michelle McCormick, Diane and Butch Serrano will head to South Asia and lead several trainings in partnership with our Ministry Partner.
Women in the Window has a well-established relationship with our partner and we join in supporting their vision to equip and empower community leaders and advocate for the poor and marginalized. To that end, Women in the Window is sponsoring trainings in three key regions of South Asia, with over 150 participants invited and excited to attend. Training seminars will focus on wholistic health which addresses every aspect of a woman’s life and will provide a platform to address human rights issues such as gendercide and human trafficking. Together, we hope to impart an understanding of the value and dignity of women from God’s perspective, to equip leaders with sustainable and reproducible training tools, and build awareness of human rights issues so that these women can be voice for the oppressed in their communities and nation, as they, “Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves.” Proverbs 31:8
Prayer is an essential part of our preparation, so we invite you to join us in praying for each aspect of the training, for our ministry partners in South Asia, and for each woman that will attend. God has been gracious to provide us with the financial means to travel and participate, however, there are ongoing training expenses on the field that need funding. Your contribution will help us change the lives of women in one of the poorest and most populated nations in the world today.
If you are interested, tax deductible contributions can be made through Women in the Window International, a 501©3 non-profit organization. Please send your check, made payable to Women in the Window International, to 2101 Vista Parkway Suite 256, West Palm Beach, FL 33411. Please include a note that indicates this donation is for South Asia Team 2016. You may also give online through our website: womeninthewindow-intl.org.
Please pray for:
- God’s wisdom as final preparations are made and for a strong sense of unity among our team.
- Safety in travel, as well as health and stamina for everyone participating.
- Effective, gracious, and enthusiastic communication throughout each training.
- Participants to be strengthened, equipped, uplifted and to grasp their role in the eyes of God and in their own communities.
Thank you very much for your faithful prayers and support! Our travel and training itinerary follows:
Travel & Training Itinerary
- September 17-19 |Team departs U.S. for South Asia
- September 20 | Meeting with local ministry partners for prayer and final preparations.
- September 21 -23 | WiW team to facilitate a seminar in Wholistic Health & Advocacy
- September 24 | In country flight
- September 25 | Join Ministry Partners for Worship and a day of rest and renewal.
- September 26-28 | WiW team to facilitate a seminar in Wholistic Health & Advocacy
- September 29 | In country flight followed by overland travel to training location.
- September 30 | Meet with local ministry partners for planning and preparation
- October 1-3 | WiW team to facilitate a seminar in Wholistic Health & Advocacy.
- October 3- 4 | Team departs South Asia and begins journey home.