For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come.
1 Timothy 4:8 (NKJV)
Do you like to exercise? In recent years I have developed a new, stronger interest in and enthusiasm for physical fitness unlike any other time in my life. I find that through exercise, I not only strengthen my body but also reduce stress and lift my emotions! While this may not seem overly spiritual, the Bible does reference the benefit of exercise in the verse above and through several other illustrations in God’s Word. One thing that most who take exercise seriously know is that is essential to build and strengthen your core muscles if you are going to sustain and grow your physical ability and agility.
In much the same way, this is true for us as Christians and as a Christian ministry. At the beginning of each month we send a list of prayer requests from far and wide that helps you to pray for our work among the women leaders in Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. But in the middle of the month we also send this update with specific requests for the “core” of our ministry. We recognize that unless our Board, staff, volunteers, and supporters are lifted up in prayer, we will never attain the level of maturity, skill, and spiritual growth that God has in mind for Women in the Window International!
Thank you for taking the time to pray through these specific requests as you help us strengthen our “core.” May God richly bless you as you do!
His and yours,
August/September Prayer Guide
Mondays: Ministry Partners
“Have mercy on me, O Lord; consider my troubles which I suffer of them that hate me, you that lift me up from the gates of death.” Psalm 9:13
- Pray for an abundant provision of resources for our ministry partners’ needs, protection for them and their families, and evident changes in their communities and nations that reflect the presence and power of God.
- Pray for the innocent people living in the Middle East, North Africa, and South Asia who are personally experiencing the atrocities committed by extremist and terrorist groups.
Tuesdays: Staff and Board of Directors
“May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the LORD grant all your requests.” Psalm 20:4-5
- Pray for God’s sovereign hand to direct the thoughts, words, and actions of Kim, Jessica and Diane in the day-to-day operations of the ministry, and for God’s protection and victory in their personal and ministry endeavors.
- Pray for our Board of Directors to be keenly aware of God’s direction in the ministry of Women in the Window, and to humbly seek to serve Him and the staff so that the mission and vision of WiW is fulfilled and the ministry grows.
- Pray for blessings upon their families for finances, protection, and abundant love for one another.
Wednesdays: Trips and Trainings
“The Spirit of the Lord will rest upon him – the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord – and he will delight in the fear of the Lord. He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears.” Isaiah 11:2-3
- Pray for Ila and Amgad as they seek God’s wisdom regarding final preparations for their training in Egypt, and for safe travels as they depart on August 30th.
- Pray for training preparations in India, Nepal, Spain, South Sudan, and a women’s conference for MENA women, all taking place this fall. Pray for effective communication with ministry partners, translation needs, and financial resources for WiW as we proceed with these trainings and follow up with our ministry partners once their women leaders receive training.
Thursdays: Volunteers and Supporters
“In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” Acts 20:35
- Pray for renewed strength and joy for our Servant Leaders, and for co-leaders and more volunteers to assist Jackie, Cheryl, and Sherri in their Hands, Head, and Heart ministries.
- Pray for new volunteers to emerge for this fall’s Evening in the Courtyard event and that we will fully staff our event teams for both the Evening in the Courtyard and the Spring Luncheon.
- Pray for God’s blessing on those who give so faithfully to Women in the Window, and for God to raise up new monthly, quarterly, and annual supporters to keep in step with God’s growth in and through this ministry!
Fridays: Events and Fundraising
“Carefully follow the terms of this covenant, so that you may prosper in everything you do.” Deuteronomy 29:9
- Pray for our No Greater Joy Training scheduled for September 26th at First Presbyterian Church, North Palm Beach.
- Pray for God’s wisdom, guidance, and blessing as our event team begins to prepare for our annual events: Evening in the Courtyard on November 19, 2015 and the Spring Luncheon on March 16, 2016. Pray for a spirit of joy and unity to abound as we seek His plans for these events!