As our world grows darker and darker, the light of Christ shines more brightly than ever before. Truly Jesus is the light of the world, and through us He desires to shine brightly for all to see: “Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us, to give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.” Luke 1:78-79
We treasure the opportunity to shine His light in some of the darkest places in our world today, and to reject the darkness that this world brings to women and girls in the 10/40 Window. But none of this happens without an intense spiritual battle. And we will never win that battle without even more intense prayer!
Thank you for joining with Women in the Window International as one of our prayer partners! We could not be more grateful. And we hope that the following prayer requests will help you to pray more specifically and with more power as you recognize the significant role that God has given you, too.
In His love and for His Kingdom service,
July & August 2015 Prayer Guide
Mondays: Ministry Partners
- Continue to pray for the nation of Nepal as it recovers from the devastating earthquakes in recent months. Pray for God’s provision and laborers for NCFN, our ministry partner there, as they build 100 houses for local Dalit families within the next month. Pray for one of NCFN’s excellent leaders, Manoj, his wife, Anjila, and their children. Ask that the Lord will provide for their family’s needs as they seek to fulfill His commission to them in ministry.
- Our partners in Africa have requested prayer for peace in war-torn countries. Pray that there will be good attendance and provision for upcoming trainings. Pray for transportation for fieldwork. “I will make them and the places surrounding my hill a blessing. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessings.” Ezekiel 34:26
- Our Middle East ministry partners have asked that we pray for non-believers to accept Christ through their summer activities. Pray for open hearts and open doors for several evangelistic outreach projects. Pray for peace and protection in the midst of extremism and threats. Pray for provision of work, food, and medicine, and for more growth in Bible study and faith. “But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as first fruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.” 2 Thessalonians 2:13
- Pray for good health and safety for our ministry partners and their families in South Asia. Pray for financial and infrastructure needs, wisdom and favor, and growth of house churches, Bible studies, and self-help groups. Pray for more fieldworkers and for the success of upcoming trainings. Pray for relief from human trafficking and healing for the victims. “But I gave them this command: Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in obedience to all I command you that it may go well with you.” Jeremiah 7:23
- Praise God for Kim, Jessica, and Diane as they continue the work of this ministry for the glory of God.
- Pray that as Diane continues her training she will retain all of the information she has received so that she can seamlessly transition into her new roles of Accounting Assistant and interim Executive Assistant while Jessica is on maternity leave later in the year.
- Continue to pray for a skilled IT resource for our office computers. “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
Wednesdays: Trips and Trainings
- Pray for wisdom and provision of financial and non-financial resources for the upcoming trainings in Egypt, India, Nepal, and Spain, plus a larger conference for women leaders from 12 nations throughout the Arab world. Pray that the power of God’s Holy Spirit will work in and through these trainings, and in each step of preparation as well as each person involved. “The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them. Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” Psalm 34:7-8
Thursdays: Volunteers and Supporters
- Praise God for new volunteers!
- Continue to pray that God will provide co-leaders for our Leadership, Spiritual Formation, and Micro-enterprise capacities.
- Pray that God will lead and direct the Board as they work together to see the mission and vision of Women in the Window fulfilled. “He told them, ‘The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.’” Luke 10:2
Fridays: Events and Fundraising
- Our Annual Night of Prayer in June was a beautiful night of prayer, praise, and worship as we prayed for the needs of our wonderful supporters and ministry friends.
- Pray that God will equip our event leaders and their volunteer team, and provide for all the finances and other needs for our upcoming events: Evening in the Courtyard on November 19th and the Spring Luncheon on March 16th. “For the sake of the house of the Lord our God, I will seek your prosperity.” Psalm 122:9