Dear <<First Name>>,
We are so thankful for your support of our WiW Team who will be traveling next week to work alongside the Lakota Native American women on the Cheyenne River Reservation in South Dakota.
The statistics relative to our Native American sisters are staggering:
- Fifty to ninety percent of all Native American women experience both violent and non-violent abuse in their lifetimes.
- Unemployment rate is at a staggering 85%. Per capita incomes in some towns are as low as $3,100 per year.
- Suicide rates for teens are five-times higher than the rest of the US.
One of our Lakota sisters has put it this way: “We are struggling for survival.”
Yet, amid these challenges, our gracious Savior is lighting a path! Our team of Katheryn, Marilyn and Amgad is humbled and excited to have the awesome opportunity and responsibility of sharing God’s love through our training of Native American women identified as leaders within their own tribe. These women will be equipped with tools of honor and dignity as they desire to start a Women’s Ministry on their reservation. We are convinced that God has an incredible purpose for this training, but without spiritually-minded prayer warriors like yourselves, this battle will be much more difficult.
ill you pray the following prayers with us?
- Preparation of hearts to receive God’s love and healing in all aspects AND for women to be united with other women, no matter their tribal background.
- Equipping with spiritual gifts for all who attend, and especially for Sister Dody who is stepping up as the leader of the group. For the first time, she will be leading the inductive Bible study on the Samaritan Woman.
- God’s provision for our Lakota sisters to be at ease leaving little ones and family behind.
- For God to encourage our sisters to pass on what they learn to other Native American women and faithfully continue what the Lord has begun. (Philippians 1:6)
- Safe travel by air and by car for our WiW team and for their health in the cold winter weather of South Dakota.
- God’s protection and provision for the families of each woman involved in this training.
“Unless the LORD builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; unless the LORD guards the city, the watchman keeps awake in vain.” Psalm 127:1
P.S. To learn more about Women in the Window International or reserve your seat for our annual luncheon on March 27th, please visit our website at www.womeninthewindow-intl.org.