Our mission is to equip and empower women in the 10/40 Window and beyond to replace poverty and injustice with dignity and purpose in Christ.
Women in the Window International is part of a collaborative movement to equip and empower women leaders, who in turn equip and empower other women leaders. How does this collaborative movement take place? Please visit our strategy page to learn more.
To see women in developing nations and dire situations, where oppression and injustices prevail, become beautifully equipped and wholly empowered by grace.
We seek to apply the highest standards in serving our ministry partners on both sides of the ocean. Our values are the very core of who we are and how we work:
- Christ centered – He really is the center of it all!
- Bible based – His Word provides the direction that we need day by day and helps us make mid-course adjustments as necessary.
- Prayer driven – We honestly pray over every decision that we make, and whenever possible, do this together with our ministry partners.
- Relationally led – Jesus told us to love others as we love ourselves and that it is impossible to love Him if we do not love our brother, our sister, and even our enemies. We are always striving to attain His standard of relationally led ministry.
- Kingdom builders – At the end of the day, and when the Day dawns, we want our efforts in ministry and partnership to be about His Kingdom, not ours. Pray with us that this is so.
Our values influence the operating principles that guide how we make ministry decisions both locally and abroad:
- We seek to be led by the Holy Spirit.
- We partner toward a common vision that exceeds the capacity of any individual partner.
- Our focus is development rather than relief.
- We engage in field-driven ministry.
- Our teaching methods are learner-centered.
- Our training is reproducible and sustainable.
- Our goal is to equip women to reach their full potential in Christ.